OSRS, or Old School RuneScape, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released in 2013 as a nostalgic throwback to the original version of RuneScape from 2007. Developed and published by Jagex, OSRS has gained a dedicated and passionate player base over the years.
Vorkath, the undead blue dragon, is one of the toughest bosses in Old School RuneScape (OSRS). To slay this powerful foe, you’ll need the right gear, tactics, and strategies. In this guide, we’ll share some of the best tips and tricks for defeating Vorkath and earning valuable loot.
Getting Ready for Battle
Before facing Vorkath, make sure you have the right gear and stats. Here are some things to consider:
- Combat stats: To efficiently take down Vorkath, you should have at least 85 Ranged and 75 Defence. Higher stats are recommended for faster and safer kills.
- Gear: Using void ranged equipment and the Salve amulet (ei) can be effective against Vorkath. Other great options include Armadyl armour and the Dragonfire ward, which provides protection against Vorkath’s dragonfire attacks. For your weapon, the dragon hunter crossbow or blowpipe are optimal choices.
- Inventory: The essentials for Vorkath include antifire potions and extended antifire potions to protect against dragonfire, as well as prayer potions to enable you to use protect from magic and eagle eye. Bring food such as sharks, brews, and restores to heal and restore stats.
- Rings: The ring of suffering is a good option for its recoil damage to deal additional damage to Vorkath. Ring of wealth is an excellent option for those looking to maximize their potential loot.
Once you have the appropriate gear and inventory, head to Vorkath’s lair on the Island of Ungael, just north of the Poison Waste. You can teleport directly there using a teleportation tablet or the fairy ring code BJR or jug.
Once you encounter Vorkath, the fight has three main stages:
- First stage: Vorkath will be dormant, giving you an opportunity to attack and deal damage. Use diamond bolt(e) or ruby bolt(e) to deal massive damage to Vorkath during this stage.
- Second stage: Vorkath will awaken, and you’ll need to react quickly to avoid his attacks. Vorkath will use both melee and ranged attacks, so make sure to use protect from melee and eagle eye prayer. He also uses a special ranged attack which can hit you even if you are behind a rock. To dodge this, watch for when he puts his head down before throwing the attack, then move to the side or back.
- Third stage: Vorkath has become an undead dragon with increased defense and new attack abilities. He’ll use a ranged attack that you’ll need to dodge, as well as a poison attack that can be deadly. Drink an anti-poison potion or use the Serpentine helm to avoid being poisoned. Use the dragon hunter crossbow or blowpipe during this stage to deal the most damage.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some additional tips and tricks to help you slay Vorkath:
- Use your special attacks: Use your weapons’ special attacks during the fight to deal additional damage and increase your chances of victory.
- Timing is critical: When dodging Vorkath’s attacks, timing is everything. Be patient and wait for the right moment to move, or you may get hit.
- Be prepared: Ensure you have enough supplies before taking on Vorkath. He hits hard and fast; you don’t want to run out of food or potions mid-fight.
- Practice makes perfect: Vorkath can be a challenging boss to defeat, so practice makes perfect. Keep at it, and eventually, you’ll learn his patterns and beat him with ease.
Slaying Vorkath in OSRS requires the right gear, stats, and combat strategies. With this guide, you should be well-equipped to take on this powerful dragon and earn valuable loot. Remember to stay patient, be prepared, and practice until you master the fight. Good luck!